May 26 @ 7:00 pm
The film includes recreated scenes from the life of Mustafa Dzhemilev: you will visit his prison, speak with his associates in the struggle for the return of Crimea in the Soviet and in modern times, feel like an activist of the national Crimean Tatar movement, plunge into the life story of a strong and unbroken leader whose name is Mustafa Dzhemilev.
The goal of this film is to tell the public a life story of the Ukrainian politician and public figure, who personifies the fight for the survival, dignity and honor of the Crimean Tatars.
– Ahmed Sarihalil, film director;
– Tamila Tasheva, producer;
– Efim Chupakhin, Ukrainian composer, pianist, sound-producer;
– Vakhtang Kipiani, Ukrainian journalist, publicist, historian;
– Maksym Pasichnyk, lead character, role of Mustafa Dzhemilev.
Q&A with the film director and the producer will follow the screening.
Premiere of the film took place on October 28, 2016 in the program “Ukrainian premieres” of the Kyiv International Film Festival “Molodist”. Soon the film will be presented at the Sundance Film Festival in the USA and a number of other festivals of documentary films.
General admission $15
UIA Members free
Reception to follow