On May 3, 1948, the Secretary of State of the State of New York approved the Certificate of Incorporation of the Ukrainian Institute of America. Today the Institute celebrates its 68th anniversary.
For almost seven decades, the Ukrainian Institute has been promoting, through educational, professional and social activities, a greater awareness, knowledge and appreciation of Ukraine’s and Ukrainians’ rich culture, history and accomplishments.
As a National Historic Landmark located in the midst of “Museum Mile,” the building that is home to the Institute plays a significant role in helping draw visitors and heightening general interest in Ukraine and its culture. The Ukrainian Institute is a steward of one of America’s architectural treasures. Through its preservation work, the Ukrainian Institute guarantees that generations of Ukrainian Americans, as well as the global community, are able to enjoy an architectural masterpiece.
Over its existence the success of the Ukrainian Institute has been due to Mr. William Dzus, the founder of the Ukrainian Institute, the Institute’s members and its benefactors.
A short animation by Sashko Danylenko